Since 1975, we have made it our business to take the time to get to know our clients, their goals and their limits. We help our clients make informed decisions by understanding the issues and the people involved. We have special expertise in the areas of Insurance Law, Accident Benefits, Wrongful Death, and more. The experienced trial lawyers at Foster Townsend LLP are accessible, ethical, compassionate, and diligent and use a commonsense approach in the practice of law. And, we want YOU to be part of our team!
For the highly skilled, confident and motivated Legal Scanner/Record Management, we offer challenging work, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and an exciting team-oriented work environment. The successful candidates will have the ability to work independently, but in a team-oriented environment conducive to interactive support, and will be well organized, attentive to detail and can prioritize tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess these attributes and experience to perform the functions and responsibilities required:
- Inputting, either by scanning or importing, paper and digital documents into the electronic Primafact file.
- Cross-referencing to the existing electronic file, identifying and removing duplicate disclosure
- Using templates and firm protocols to organize the materials into appropriate binders ie. Medical, Liability, AB, Privileged Document Briefs, etc.
- Determining where the records are placed if no specific instructions are given by the clerk.
- Multi-tasking and/or ability to switch priority tasks at a moment’s notice
- Working with large team to meet multiple files’ deadlines using the task and files databases along with communication with team members.
- Keeping electronic files as consistently organized as possible given there are so many hands in the files.
- Maintaining hardcopy files
- Switchboard training and relief
- Post-secondary accreditation for legal assistant or law clerk, or equivalent experience preferred OR, a university degree
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Amicus, Primafact, MS Word, ACL, and Outlook
- Knowledge of the litigation process
- Customer-service oriented with superb communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail with a desire to take initiative
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and as part of a team
- Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Have you completed or are you currently registered in the legal assistant/law clerk/paralegal diploma program?