Legal Assistant, Insurance Defence
Since 1975, we have made it our business to take the time to get to know our clients, their goals and their limits. We help our clients make informed decisions by understanding the issues and the people involved. We have special expertise in the areas of Insurance Law, Accident Benefits, Wrongful Death, and more. The experienced trial lawyers at Fosters Law LLP are accessible, ethical, compassionate, and diligent and use a commonsense approach in the practice of law. And, we want YOU to be part of our team!
For the highly skilled, confident and motivated Legal Assistant, we offer challenging work, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and an exciting team-oriented work environment. The successful candidates will have the ability to work independently, but in a team-oriented environment conducive to interactive support, and will be well organized, attentive to detail and can prioritize tasks.
- minimum 5 years demonstrated work experience in Insurance Defence or Plaintiff Personal Injury – Tort
- Legal Assistant/Law Clerk/Paralegal Diploma or Certificate
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple files and assigned tasks in conjunction with deadlines
- Confident and dependable professional with strong initiative and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure including court procedures
- Demonstrated ability to draft original legal documents and correspondence and initiate follow-up action as required
- Highly developed English written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with various computer applications, such as MS Office applications, Amicus, ACL and Primafact
- Organizing and maintaining litigation files from opening to closing
- Preparation and drafting of correspondence
- Communication with clients, counsel and other third parties
- Scheduling of Examinations for Discovery and Court appearances
- Preparation of Affidavit of Documents, Motion Records, Mediation and Pre-trial Memoranda, Bill of Costs etc.
- Management of Undertakings and Refusals
- Assisting in Trial Preparation
- Updating Internal databases
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Insurance Defence or Plaintiff Personal Injury: 5 years (required)
Work remotely: No