Since 1975, we have made it our business to take the time to get to know our clients, their goals and their limits. We help our clients make informed decisions by understanding the issues and the people involved. We have special expertise in the areas of Insurance Law, Accident Benefits, Wrongful Death, and more. The experienced trial lawyers at Fosters Law LLP are accessible, ethical, compassionate, and diligent and use a commonsense approach in the practice of law. And we want YOU to be part of our team!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for law clerks with senior experience. We are preparing for a busy time for Fosters Law. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable and long-standing firm!
In a Litigation Law Firm, the law clerk’s duties include preparing court documents, interviewing witnesses, drafting letters of instruction and opinions, as well as accompanying lawyers to meetings and court appearances.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Case & File Management – Ability to review a file, determine what documentation and information is necessary, come up with a strategy plan and ensure the plan is carried out.
- Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, use of legal forms, templates, precedents and other office procedures and terminology.
- Law – Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure, court procedures and insurance regulations.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Draft court and legal documents such as Pleadings, Affidavits of Documents; Offers to Settle; Notices of Motion, Affidavits, Orders, Summons to Witness, Notices of Intention, Requests to Admit; Full & Final Releases; Minutes of Settlement, Bill of Costs and Judgments.
- Assist lawyers in collecting information on liability and damages; investigate the facts and ensure that all relevant information is obtained and considered.
- Determine the theory of the case; ensure that a strategy plan is in place and that it is carried out.
- On occasion, attend legal meetings and take notes – Examinations for Discovery; Witness Interviews, Court Hearings and Trials.
- Draft office memos summarizing status of the file for ease of reference by lawyers.
- **Salary will be commensurate to the experience of the candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Insurance defence OR Plaintiff Personal Injury Clerking: 5 years (required)
Work remotely: Yes